Ever since I moved to the states, I first realized the little things I appreciate from where I come from – for example things like Schnitzel or Butter Bretzel! What I miss about Karlsruhe…
- Meeting my best friends shortly after we just decided to grab a cup of coffee or have lunch (Schnitzel!) together.
- Euphrat Yufka!
- Walking through the beautiful city or riding a bike (no need to use a car!).
- Being a part of the best dance community and best dance companies and knowing mostly everyone (small town!). Dancing for the Soul of Tina and the Sweet Soul Music Revue as a background dancer and having tours all over Germany.
- Hanging out with my study-friends at AKK or Oxford and paying just 3 Euro for a good meal! Although I don’t want to study again. Haha.
- Butterbrezeln (1 Euro), Salami Brötchen (2-3 Euro) or Fleischkäse Brötchen around mostly every corner in the city.
- German bread!! Actually German food in general (like “Braten und Knödel, Schnitzel und Pommes” or “Käsespätzle”).
- Mama’s food!
- Dinner with my family and dancing and singing around (at home) while my mom is cooking and my dad is repairing things or watching TV. Haha. Just having them around!
- DM, Zara and Mango – since we don’t have these stores here in Allentown. However the deals are a lot better here in the US I still miss it sometimes.
- All the crazy and fun photo shoots with all the people I got to know from 2013 to 2016! Looking forward to work with you someday again.
- Metric System (no feet and inches) and normal units (no ounces and cups like in the US!).
It’s been a while now….but thank you for the beautiful time in Germany! It was great to see all of you again!! See you soon and lots of love!